PDA

View Full Version : Couple more tunning questions.

kdogg
04-20-2004, 06:38 PM
I just got my MAFT box today I see it says 2.01 on it and not 2.08. I assume this is normal though. Why are they shipping 2.01 if 2.08's out?

Anyway that doesnt really matter. My question is I'm going to instal a Stage 3 EPROM that already has my injector size set in it and I've also got a AFC2.

What settings do I need to use on the MAFT? All 0's right? 0 for the AUX too?

Now I've set the unit to 3 inch MAF but like I said I'll be tuning froman AFC2 so what do I do with switches 3 and 4? Just leave them off?

I read the manual and if what I read I understood, I want all 0's even on AUX because I'm my ECU will have a 550 chip and I'm tunning via AFC?

Correct?

charliebrown
04-22-2004, 06:43 PM
correct. Howd it go?

kdogg
04-22-2004, 07:26 PM
Well...

I havent installed it yet because when I asked these same questions on DSM Talk they basicly said no thats wrong and that I should zero out my AFC2, tune with the MAFT box then when thats all set and done, fine tune with my AFC2 from there.

Then one person said thats a pain in the was and I should zero out the MAFT, DONT hookup the RPM wire, and tune with the AFC2 and everyone disagree'ed with him.

Everyone has a diffrent opinion.

One other thing, do I need the screen that goes in the GM MAF? There was no screen in the MAF when I got it.

Thanks.

shabby
04-22-2004, 10:41 PM
If the eprom already compensates for injectors set your afc at 0 and the maft at stock 450cc settings, read the manual to set the 450cc setting.
You can tune either with the maft or safc, it doesnt matter.

kpt4321
04-22-2004, 10:42 PM
2.08 does not exist. 2.x8 is the last version of the beta test units. 2.00-2.01 is the public version.

With version 2.0, you don't need the SAFC. Period. Sell it and get your 200-300 dollars back.

I won't touch the DSMTalk thing; all I will say is take your tuning advice from here, and you'll be fine.

Ok, so let's pretend the SAFC is gone. What you will do is start with the MAFT set at the proper base setting for your setup, which is zero. In theory, you will not need any correction because it is all done within the ECU. However, since nothing is ever perfect, you probably will end up needing to tweak it a little bit.

Follow my 2.0 tuning guide on this site, except keep in mind that your base settings wil not be the same as the ones indicated in my guide and in the manual. Those settings assume a stock ECU, which yours is not.

I hope this makes sense, let me know if you have any questions!

44Pirate
04-23-2004, 01:53 PM
2.08 does not exist. 2.x8 is the last version of the beta test units. 2.00-2.01 is the public version.

With version 2.0, you don't need the SAFC. Period. Sell it and get your 200-300 dollars back.

I won't touch the DSMTalk thing; all I will say is take your tuning advice from here, and you'll be fine.

Ok, so let's pretend the SAFC is gone. What you will do is start with the MAFT set at the proper base setting for your setup, which is zero. In theory, you will not need any correction because it is all done within the ECU. However, since nothing is ever perfect, you probably will end up needing to tweak it a little bit.

Follow my 2.0 tuning guide on this site, except keep in mind that your base settings wil not be the same as the ones indicated in my guide and in the manual. Those settings assume a stock ECU, which yours is not.

I hope this makes sense, let me know if you have any questions!

So what your saying is, if I have a ECU with a chip that compensates for the injector size, I should set the BASE at 0 to start off.

kpt4321
04-23-2004, 02:20 PM
That is correct!

44Pirate
04-23-2004, 08:21 PM
That is correct!

Is this also correct with the 1.3 as well? I spun a bearing in my 7bolt so I'm putting a 6bolt bottom. I don't want to put in the 2.0 T until I get it running. So I should just set the 1.3 Translator to all zero's?

kpt4321
04-23-2004, 08:36 PM
In any setup where the injectors are compensated for in the ECU, you can use 0% correction as your base setting. This is because *in theory* the airflow signal does not need to be reduced at all for the injectors to run properly.