PDA

View Full Version : Spero, From Kingston, Ontario, Canada

medic1997
09-30-2007, 01:56 PM
Hello there, new to this group.

Having a difficult time with the GN after installing the 60LBS injectors. I removed the factory injectors and installed the Siemens Injectors purchased from Full Throttle. The car ran like crap after. It was sputtering, stalling, and no power after 1/4 throttle. Black smoke was coming out of the exhaust code 45 showed on the dash display, whcih means running too rich, according to my mechanic. Here's what i have done to the car so far. Intake and exhaust, adjustable fuel pressure regulator, high volume fuel pump, with the hot wire kit. Hypertech chip/thermostat. And for fun sway bars. I do not know where to go from here except ebay to sell the thing. My mechanic thinks there is a compatibility problem". The injectors state NO ecm mods required for these 60lb injectors. we put the factory ones back in and the car ran fine. So???? How far do you adjust the fuel pressure regulator with the 60 lbs injectors? We tried low and high fuel adjustments and the car still ran like crap...I need help?? Do i put the stock chip back in?
Everything else checks out fine. Unforturnately, the problems were only when i put the new injectors in. Thank you for all who will help me out.
:mad: :mad: :mad: :confused: :confused: :confused: spero.

TurboDave
09-30-2007, 03:16 PM
Welcome!!!

I know I'm probably asking the obvious, but, what chip are you installing with the 60# injectors? And if you are changing the chip is it in fact made for the new injectors?

medic1997
09-30-2007, 11:04 PM
Thank you very much for responding. The chip that is now installed is the hypertech chip. Do i need to change the hypertech chip to make it compatible with the higher performance injectors? I did not know there would be a conflict between the two? what type of chip do you suggest i get? For street driving no crazy racing....... and would this solve my problem?? thanks

TurboDave
10-01-2007, 07:55 AM
What injectors is the hypertec chip made for???
If you're running 60# injectors and the chip isn't made for them you'll have all sorts of issues (like you're having)
hypertec are very old technology, and Full Throttle here makes some of the best available.

http://www.fullthrottlespeed.com/items~CartId~%7B714E6EVEREST1FD-8506-42E6-9CC9-93C7DA39C810%7D~Cc~BUCHIP~iTpStatus~0~Tp~~Bc~.htm