PDA

View Full Version : PLEASE HELP....GenII w/ WB tracking ???

Royal-T
09-10-2008, 10:54 AM
i FINALLY am trying to get this tracking stuff together. I have been successfully using the Gen II and my innovate LC1 for years and now am finally trying to take advantage of the tracking software. Which i thought was going to be a relatively easy process...[and probably should ] Well anyway - I have a Caspers PnP harness and as the GENII instructions say I cut and connect the orange to the WB brown and the violet to the WB green. Now my car wont go into closed loop and is running like crap. [on a side note i noticed the AFR on the genII reads at 9.0+/- and the XD16 reads at 10.5-11 ] but any way tried to drive around the block and there is HUGE tip in stumble and if i press down, say to 3000rpms the AFR jumps up to like 19. Is there something goofy with the wiring on the PnP harness? i did notice the wires that were supposed to be for the analog input/WB were spliced into the bulkhead of the main harness too.... what were they doing there???? i am almost tempted to put everything back like it was....

Please help as i am trying to get the car ready for a race this weekend.

THANX a Million:usa:

Royal-T
09-10-2008, 12:01 PM
i think i remember reading a post a while back where another member had to clip or reverse a wire b/c of the Caspers harness and the WB tracking.... anybody else remember this post or thread:confused:

Rick87gn
09-10-2008, 01:13 PM
Sounds like the wideband may have been providing the the ecm with the narrowband signal as well. Analog output #1 does simulate the stock o2.
Does that sound like a possibility, who installed the system originally?

Is your stock o2 showing a reading on the scanmaster? The ECM should still be receiving data from the narrowband or analog out #1 of the wideband. This could be a reason for no closed loop.

The different readings between the xd-16 and the gen II is prolly a ground offset. Tie another wire on to the purple and green wire at the splice. Take that wire and touch it to some other grounded areas while the car is running. Watch the afr,s on the GenII for change.

Rick

TurboBob
09-10-2008, 02:33 PM
The caspers interface will tie the wideband signal into the ECM and the Gen-2.

you need to clip the orange wire in the caspers interface and splice the LC1 analog-2 wire onto the end that goes to the pro.

Im not sure where that thread is......

Bob

Royal-T
09-10-2008, 02:33 PM
I do all the work..... I'll try and tie the Analog Ground [Green wire] back to the grounding location as the rest of the LC1 and hopefully this solves the difference in readings but i am still stuck on the Closed/Open loop problem. I really think it has something to do with the PnP harness.... i will double check everything again.

Royal-T
09-10-2008, 05:53 PM
The caspers interface will tie the wideband signal into the ECM and the Gen-2.

you need to clip the orange wire in the caspers interface and splice the LC1 analog-2 wire onto the end that goes to the pro.

Im not sure where that thread is......

Bob

This is exactly what i thought i did.... cut the orange and purple wire from the PlugnPlay harness to the GenII and then connected those to the Brown and Green wires [respectively] from the LC1 - that is when i started having issues:confused: Am i supposed to cut any other wires within the Caspers bulkhead???

TurboDave
09-10-2008, 06:11 PM
I'm not sure but I think your pnp harness is probably pretty close to mine (even though mine is for the TransPro), and what I did was leave the car's stock O2 in place and feeding the ECM.

I connected the WBO2 so it fed the TransPro, but I DID NOT hook my WBO2's simulated out put into the ECM because I chose to let the ECM see the original stock O2 instead.

I did this after running the simulated O2 input into the ECM for a while and after looking at it's graph over the course of many weeks, I decide I did not like the response curve of the simulated NBO2.

I'll try and remember to look at what wires I have hooked to what on the pnp harness. Going to take some doing getting that hush panel down and out of the way though.

Royal-T
09-10-2008, 06:24 PM
I'm not sure but I think your pnp harness is probably pretty close to mine (even though mine is for the TransPro), and what I did was leave the car's stock O2 in place and feeding the ECM.

I connected the WBO2 so it fed the TransPro, but I DID NOT hook my WBO2's simulated out put into the ECM because I chose to let the ECM see the original stock O2 instead.

I did this after running the simulated O2 input into the ECM for a while and after looking at it's graph over the course of many weeks, I decide I did not like the response curve of the simulated NBO2.

I'll try and remember to look at what wires I have hooked to what on the pnp harness. Going to take some doing getting that hush panel down and out of the way though.

Thanx Dave - Any help is appreciated. like mentioned i have an event this weekend and didnt think the install would be this "complicated" i have been reading your posts for a while now [on tracking] and that is one of the key factors of "finally" setting up my tracking...

Royal-T
09-10-2008, 08:39 PM
While double checking everything i noticed a few "pages" and was wondering what these are and if my settings are right?

1] Volt out 1 [2.58]
2] Volt out 2 [4.0]
3] F Out [Max]
4] AF TrDelay [what do you guys suggest]

Thanx again guys

TurboDave
09-10-2008, 09:20 PM
On the buicks you'll need to set Vout 1 mode to "1" so you can control WOT spark

Set Volt out level to 5.0 volts.

dont worry about vout 2, it's not used by the buicks.

AF TrDelay is the delay for air fuel tracking. I keep mine pretty fast and set it (mine) to 0.1

TurboDave
09-11-2008, 12:20 AM
Thanx Dave - Any help is appreciated. like mentioned i have an event this weekend and didnt think the install would be this "complicated" i have been reading your posts for a while now [on tracking] and that is one of the key factors of "finally" setting up my tracking...

Much to my dismay, after going down and pulling down the hush panel, I had forgotten that I have loomed up all my wiring and have everything bundled, loomed and tie wrapped.
I would have had to dismantle the entire insallation (Tpro, WBO2, PL) to even see any of the wires.

Sorry I couldn't be of more assistance on this issue. Hopefully someone else on the board had easier access to their stuff.

Royal-T
09-11-2008, 02:21 AM
I found a "goofy" setting that must of been switched while i was updating the translator with the new tracking settings - i am hoping that this will fix it

- too bad i cant test drive though... as i was installing a new check valve near my EGR, i noticed the top of my AFPR was shining..... i wiped it with my hand, smelled it and to my dismay......GAS [seeping from the seems]. Now i had to RUSH order a rebuild kit for my regulator and the damn shipping was as much as the kit itself [$25]:mad: :mad: Oh well. it lasted over 7-8 years. Whatever. Hopefully this all helps my performance.

Thanks for looking... seems like you got your wiring like i have mine - all nice and neat in wire loom - i solder all my connections and use weatherpack connectors on a lot of things that might need to be removed... sometimes i think i have a touch of OCD....:eek: :D

PS where can i find the latest updates and what they actually do [if needed or not] I have version 1.03 i think

TurboDave
09-11-2008, 11:51 AM
You can get 1.07 here: http://www.fullthrottletech.com/showthread.php?t=3724