PDA

View Full Version : New GT turbo?'s

Sader
07-08-2004, 12:46 AM
For my TR,....... will the GT6152E bolt right up to my postons header? Is it a true GT turbo?

How about my THDP?

Does it require a new actuator also?

Can you get the GT6176 also? Would it provide a higher peak power? Or just move the powerband?

admin
07-08-2004, 12:14 PM
It will bolt right up. So will the pipe. The actuator from the stock turbo will not bolt on it needs a bracket welded on. 6176 would not be a good choice for a Buick a simular combo was tried before with bad results. True GT, if you mean is it full ball bearing, no, ball bearing turbos need to be water cooled, the plastic retainer for the bearing will fail if not. Since the turbo is mounted so high when we shut down the motor the water would drain out and this is when we need it most. This means that 90% would fail in time. unless this can be solved we will not sell this type of turbo for a Buick.
Mike

Sader
07-08-2004, 08:03 PM
I am looking at matching the 6152 with an orange stripe convertor and the 60# inj.

Is the P-Trim on the hot side of the 6152 ?

Do you think the P-Trim would have much lag?

admin
07-09-2004, 12:29 PM
It would have a little more lag but there is no question that it would fail. Been there done that. Some wheels just don't work well together on some cars. The GT61 with a P trim is one of those combos. The T350 turbine will get to the high tens and drive much better. The orange will not be enough for the "P" but is perfect for the regular wheel. The 60's are a great match
Mike