PDA

View Full Version : Bin UP/download ever added to TPCU program ?

turbott
05-17-2009, 02:52 PM
"See attached. This program will help the update process. I want to add BIN upload and download functions to it, but for now it works well to update the Translator Pro's.18.03.2008 "

Bob was a up/download feature added in ?

I am currently unsucessfull trying to download a bin out of Tpro using tunerpro RT.

If anyone has seen a writeup on how to download bins please let me know.

Have tried the notes at MGNTA.COM but in the article states " assuming you have these files already " & I do not have or know about these files.

TurboBob
05-17-2009, 04:48 PM
the current TPCU does upload and download BINs

turbott
05-17-2009, 10:46 PM
I have been trying to save the current tune bin for days using Tuner proRT.
Never had any luck getting it downloaded.

Couple minutes with TPCU & have it now. Thanks

What size file should it be ?

Also, In the tunerpro RT datastream file on my laptop there is no Tpro .ads file listed.
Are they available ?

Jeeves
05-18-2009, 06:21 AM
Which version of the Datastream (ADS) and Bin Definitions (XDF's) files do you need?

turbott
05-18-2009, 02:14 PM
Thanks Jeeves, never thought to look at your site.
Been going through SOO much info to try to figure the Tpro out, that its all a big jumble.

Also when your new you have no clue what all the files on your site are , .abc, .qyd, .WTF ????
The manual instructions have to be written for new users , not just experienced guys upgrading.

Just upgraded Tpro to V5.03, so .ADS v5.0 Final is probably correct ?

Do I need an XDF file loaded into Tuner RT before it will work also ?

Thanks Again

Jeeves
05-18-2009, 08:25 PM
You'll need both, and they should match, so grab the correct one for your vehicle. There's a "Which XDF do I need" in that v5.0 XDF directory.

turbott
05-19-2009, 12:38 AM
Dam, 2 to choose .0 & 1 combined or o with sparkbase 15 ?ADS file is set as a preference.Were does the XDF file go ?

Jeeves
05-20-2009, 05:52 AM
Really you can put them anywhere, but under \Program Files\TunerPro RT\ there is a folder named "Bin Definitions," this is what an XDF file is.

So, save it into (in most computers) C:\Program Files\TunerPro RT\Bin Definitions\. Then when you start TunerPro, Click the menu item "XDF", then "Select XDF..." and point it to the XDF you just saved.

I don't know anything about how the GN's use the Maft Pro's, so I can't comment much about which XDF to pick. You'd be best off looking in the GN specific section or asking TurboBob about that, Sorry!

TurboDave
05-20-2009, 09:48 AM
On my GN I use the XDF file "vehicle 0 sparkbase 15". At least that's the one that I was advised to use. I'm pretty sure that's the GN specific file.

turbott
05-21-2009, 04:00 PM
Thanks for info, every bit helps.