PDA

View Full Version : monitoring timing on dsm

boostcreep
09-05-2009, 05:55 PM
i cant get the maft pro to show any timing or wot spark.i have a keydiver chip im not sure how to set up the maft pro to monitor timing.thanks for the help guys

TurboBob
09-06-2009, 01:02 AM
with a keydiver chip the timing is controlled via analog out1, which is connected to the air temp input on the ECU.

The WOT spark setting is viewable on the LCD.

Bob

boostcreep
09-06-2009, 03:52 PM
i put the lcd on spark it just reads 0.0.im kind of lost on the tm base and tm correct not sure were to set them also there is a flow err setting that im not sure were to set it

TurboBob
09-06-2009, 05:47 PM
The WOT spark is tunable with the Keydiver chips. You should have received information with the chip about the programmable range of the WOT spark.

Most of the Keydiver chips are set up with a minimum WOT spark of 8 degrees, which is what you need to set the spark base to.

Then you can adjust your WOT spark advance using that adjustment page on the Pro.

The Timing Monitor is something else that we developed for the supra guys, you can make it work on a DSM but it requires some wiring changes. Lets get the basics working first.

The "Spk" display on the LCD should show what you have adjusted the WOT spark to.

Bob

boostcreep
09-06-2009, 06:42 PM
ok i set spark base to 8.0 now the lcd reads 8.0 but under WOT nothing changes.Also there is a FlowErr setting that im not sure where to.

TurboBob
09-07-2009, 12:34 AM
flowerror is used for logging a MAF and speed density at the same time and comparing the readings.

Bob

boostcreep
09-07-2009, 12:59 AM
ok so what sould it be set at im running speed density?

TurboBob
09-07-2009, 01:16 AM
it doesn't matter how you set it, without a MAF connected the flowerror calculation is not performed in the Pro.

Bob

boostcreep
09-07-2009, 12:31 PM
ok i set spark base to 8.0 now the lcd reads 8.0 but under WOT nothing changes

TurboBob
09-07-2009, 04:50 PM
the spark control method does not show real-time spark, just what the spark will be at WOT.

You can monitor real time spark advance with a datalogger, You can also connect the unit for timing monitoring, but this is a little more work.

For timing monitoring, you connect the Pro yellow wire to one of the spark output signals and have the pro measure the spark angle changes between the CAS signal and the spark control output. The software is set up for it, but requires you to use a timing light to set the pro to match the actual timing.

Is this more of what you are looking to do?

blackrosenova400
09-23-2009, 07:49 AM
Hey I never thought of this, nor did I think this was possible. Ill have to try this. Give me some more details! :D

the spark control method does not show real-time spark, just what the spark will be at WOT.

You can monitor real time spark advance with a datalogger, You can also connect the unit for timing monitoring, but this is a little more work.

For timing monitoring, you connect the Pro yellow wire to one of the spark output signals and have the pro measure the spark angle changes between the CAS signal and the spark control output. The software is set up for it, but requires you to use a timing light to set the pro to match the actual timing.

Is this more of what you are looking to do?