If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Full Throttle Speed Tech Support > Turbo Buick > Buick Tech
User Name
Password
Home Online Store Product Manuals Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-02-2004, 02:27 PM
Full Throttle Guy

Send a message via AIM to admin
Default NEW stock location intercooler

The new stock location intercooler will be our next month. Pictures and detils on the site in the next week or so
Mike
Old 03-02-2004, 09:07 PM

This has been good test of patience in waiting for this product. I am anxious to see some pictures and some test figures.
Old 03-18-2004, 03:37 AM

How many rows will it be? How will it compare to the Mease?
Old 03-18-2004, 03:38 AM

Whoops! Price too?
Old 06-19-2004, 01:48 PM

Default How to install 628 superstock intercooler

Quote:
Originally Posted by admin
The new stock location intercooler will be our next month. Pictures and detils on the site in the next week or so
Mike

I received a 628superstock intercooler this week. Looks great. I did not get any info on how to install. Most looks simple. However, the two loose shipped plates with the slots and the scoop? as well as the long bolt/nut combo with the bushings are interesting. I looked the the box but saw no instructions. I will look some more on this site - may be on this site somewhere. Otherwise if you could email me, tgordon1@nc.rr.com, the instructions I could install my new unit.

Thanks,

Tom
Old 06-20-2004, 01:25 PM

Default INtercoller Installation

Tom,

The installation is pretty simple. The big aluminum piece is used to mount the passenger side of the IC and you can see where the studs of the IC line up with the holes.

The long billet piece with the two threaded ends uses the existing stud that was orignally used to mount the original lower intercooler bracket. If it is untouched down there, to remove the lower bracket, there are 2 nuts on the stud, the first one fastens the holder for the lines there, then the next nut holds the Intercooler mounting bracket, they are 13mm nuts and need to be removed. Once that is done, thread the billet cylinder on the stud using the narrow end.

FOr the upper mounting of the bracket, use the long bolt and spacer to replace one of the water pump bolts. You will see which one by lining up the aluminum bracket with the lower mount and the upper hole should line up. The spacer goes between the water pump and the bracket.

The driver's side uses the original IC mounting bolt and bracket.

Hope this helps. To further motivate you on the install, I routinely run at an 1/8th mile track and before the IC could only muster 86-88 MPH. The track isn't the best so the ET's are inconsistent. Anyway, with only the intercooler added and then appropriate tuning, I was able to go 90-92 MPH...... The spoolup and "seat of the pants" fell is very much improved.....