If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Full Throttle Speed Tech Support > Standard MAF Translator Support > MAFT General Discussion
User Name
Password
Home Online Store Product Manuals Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-10-2009, 11:14 PM

Default is my maft fried?

Heres the story,
I own a 3000gt vr4 and the stock maf somehow popped out its honeycomb and then beat the crap out of it everytime it got sucked into the area where the vortex sensor is. needless to say the readings were wild and the car ran like crap. I got a very good deal on a used maft v2.01 on ebay with a 3 inch maf sensor. person said they never used it.... got it all hooked up and its not working like it should.
frequency wire from the maft is putting out a pretty constant .10v but no frequency. tested the gm sensor and its putting out a very nice frequency signal so i know the problem is not there. and when the unit is powered up the red light flashes 1 quick flash and then the unit does nothing else . the light does not flash when the knobs are turned either. any info would help me out. all switches are set to off.

Thank you
-Corey

Last edited by corey83 : 01-10-2009 at 11:18 PM.
Old 01-11-2009, 12:23 AM
Resident Mad Scientist

the unit will not output a frequency until the engine starts.

You can always send it in to be checked out.

Bob
Old 01-11-2009, 02:09 AM

yeah i did the testing while it was running. also im running an emanage ultimate which tells me the hz output if there is any.

Does the rpm wire have to be hooked up for the unit to work because i do not need it for any sort of tuning, just as a translator.
Old 01-11-2009, 04:33 PM
Resident Mad Scientist

you don't have to use the RPM wire.
Old 01-11-2009, 11:22 PM

alright, so what would make the red light flash like it does? only 1 quick flash when the unit is powered on. i also noticed that it will give an extramly quick flash when the computer shuts the power off. i also just found out from the previous owner that it was for a 1g dsm.
Old 01-12-2009, 04:20 PM
Resident Mad Scientist

if the light does not flash when the knobs are turned, then something has gone south.

You should send it in.

Bob